loboSPhere Framework for Business Apps
The aim of loboSPhere framework for business apps, is to facilitate the creation of SharePoint-based business applications, to set standards and thereby to reduce the cost and time for creating business applications. Not only in the preparation, but also during the subsequent change process and in our everyday Support.
Target of loboSPhere framework for business apps is to facilitate the creation of SharePoint-based business applications to set standards and to reduce the costs and time for the creation, maintenance and evolution of business applications.
With loboSPhere framework for business apps SharePoint professionals (advisers) completely without program knowledge can create complicated business applications. The costs and the time for the production of such business applications decrease to more than 60%
As already mentioned, a SharePoint-based business applications always consists of the components user – interface, background processes and infrastructure. All these areas are addressed by loboSPhere framework for business apps and integrated into the solution. In the following main features are explained in detail.
The User- interface (BFE=Business Forms Engine)
- Wizard-controlled creation of user-friendly interfaces in a primary / secondary structure (technically: automatic rendering of the standard SharePoint Forms).
- Distribution of primary / secondary structure into tabs so technically related elements can be recognised and operated on one tab.
- Integration of a document preview for PDF and all other common formats.
- Integrated structural tree for file management and navigation.
- Comfortable filtering of lists with autocomplete, date pickers, etc.
- Outlook integration of business applications / storage of emails and file server documents directly into the business briefcase / offline synchronization on notebook..
- Changing the interface during running operation with site collection administrator permissions / thereby prototyping directly with business users is possible.
Background processes (BRE=Business Rules Engine)
- Mapping of background processes without programming (not Visual Studio, no PowerShell).
- Background processes are described via an xml-definition (> 500 features). Technically: the SharePoint object model “is wrapped” and is available in an XML notation.
- The BRE is Event-Receiver controlled and possesses Timer- Jobs.
- Created applications can be installed during running operation, updated and prototypically modified (no WSP packages, no downtime of the SharePoint farm).
- The Transport (staging) from test, development to the production system is the pure copying of the XML file (s) and is supported or automated with a tool of the infrastructure (BEE = Business Environment Engine)
- The BRE is an ideal complement to the business process management products Nintex or K2..
Infrastructure (BEE=Business Environment Engine)
Keyword: Remote Provisioning
- What does this mean? Microsoft recommends to renounce the development of farm solutions for the supply and actualisation of uses and to carry out, instead, the „supply from a distance“(remote provisioning).
- Create, update, and transport of SharePoint infrastructures in running operation (without WSP packages, without downtime of SharePoint Farm).
- Selections of web / SiteCollections and production of BEEML scripts for the transport of these architectures of information to other / new web.
- Creation of differential analysis of web / questions: What has changed on my development system since the last deployment? What can and may I transfer to the prod-system?
- Assistance in the installation of multilingual infrastructures.
- >50 prefabricated BEE actions.
- Provision of an external client, which interactively performs remotely all BEE functions via a Windows Client.